Policy on Military Withdrawal
In recognition of the service of deployed military personnel, the Mesarya Technical University has established simplified procedures for withdrawal and re-enrollment.Under faculty regulations, students who formally withdraw from the University before the end of the twelfth week of the semester due to military obligations are entitled to a grade of W in each course in which he or she is enrolled. Military orders or evidence of enlistment must be made available to the Dean of Students Office. A student who withdraws due to military obligations after completing twelve weeks of instruction will receive full credit for each course in which he or she is enrolled, provided the instructor certifies a grade of C or better for the course at the date of formal withdrawal. He or she will receive a grade of W if the instructor certifies a grade of less than C. Students must opt for either a tuition refund or for a grade assignment after the twelfth week. A final semester senior who has satisfactorily completed at least half of the work in courses for which he or she is enrolled that semester, provided these would complete his or her degree requirements, may be certified for graduation by the faculty of his or her college.
Military Withdrawal Process
Dean of Students Office
1. Bring military orders/evidence to the Dean of Students Office (University Advisement and Enrichment Center Room …….’ +90(392)……………………) along with a Request for Military Withdrawal Form. Choices depend upon the academic calendar in follows:
First 6 weeks of instruction
You will withdraw without grade or records. The tuition will be refunded 100% to the original source.
After 6 weeks of instruction
You will receive a grade of W in each course. The tuition will be refunded 100% to the original source.
After 12 weeks of instruction
You have to choose either one of the following options:
- You may request to receive full credit for each course if the grade is C or above. If you choose to receive credits, there will be no refund of the tuition.
- You may request to receive a grade of W in each course. The tuition will be refunded 100% to the original source.
2. The DoS Office will notify the following MTU departments: Bursar’s Office, Financial Aid Office, Scholarship Office, Office of the Registrar and Veterans Services.
- To find out about implications to your financial aid award, contact the Financial Aid Office (+90(392)……………………).
- To find out about your scholarship status, contact the Scholarship Office (+90(392)…………………… If you are living on campus, contact the Residence Life Office (+90(392)……………………)
When you return, please contact the Dean of Students Office, so that you may resume your studies at MTU.