Date Posted July 21, 2020 Title Student Recruitment Specialist University Mesarya Technical University
Lefkosa/Nicosia – KKTC/TRNC
Application Deadline until a suitable candidate is identified. Position Start Date September 2021 or earlier
The Mesarya Technical University (MTU) ( www.mesarya.university ), is seeking applicants for a full time position as a Student Recruitment Specialist.
In support of Undergraduate Admission (UA) efforts to meet MTU’s annual new student recruitment and enrolment goals, the Student Recruitment Specialist assists in the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of new student recruitment and yield activities, and participates in application review.
The primary objective of the position is to stimulate and motivate an academically competitive, talented and ethnically, geographically, and socio-economically diverse applicant pool of Northern Cyprus resident, and international students and assist these students through the admission and enrolment process.
- A major responsibility will be that of visiting high schools and community colleges in Northern Cyprus, and/or Turkey and internationally (as needed), providing substantive information about MTU , distributes and presents promotional materials and discusses campus information with large and small groups, counsellors, students and parents.
- Provide information on admissions requirements, processes and deadlines; financial aid; housing; and, campus services.
- While the Student Recruitment Specialist may be assigned a specific target population and may specialize in that area, it is expected that the incumbent will be sufficiently well-versed to work with a variety of prospective student audiences.
- Maintain a full schedule of school/college visits, making oral presentations and conducting workshops. Represent UA/ MTU in special joint programs with schools, colleges, and Turkish campuses.
- Advise prospective applicants and parents. Cultivate, establish and maintain working relations with counsellors, administrators, and other school personnel.
- Under direction and guidance and based on analysis, recommends, designs and participates in activities developed to increase the yield of highly able and other target recruitment populations.
- Participate in application review providing information on targeted schools, and by reading applications, assessing applicant academic performance, and recommending admission using established guidelines.
- Coordinates tours of buildings and grounds for visiting students, answers questions about campus operations, and issues brochures relative to campus services.
- Maintains files on institution database of correspondence received from prospective students and on high school visits and answers requests for promotional information.
- Travel to designated areas may be extensive at certain times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, with 1-3 years of related job experience; related experience, such as participation in student outreach activities, campus tours or other similar experience(s) may be substituted for years of job experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and to interact effectively with colleagues, administrators and faculty members and students, as well as external constituencies.
- Familiarity with the needs of international students and a diverse student population.
- Excellent communication skills, this position will involve the planning of prospective student recruitment activities, extensive outreach and travel Receive and follow-up on potential students via videoconference, phone, email, fax, and direct mail student inquiries relating to obtaining advanced degrees.
- Knowledge of computer systems and social media platforms. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- possessing interpersonal skills that promote relationship-building
- Possess the ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with public speaking in addressing small-to-large audiences and including virtual webinars
- Ability to organize recruitment events, both on campus and virtually
- Comfortable communicating, interacting and collaborating with faculty, program directors and senior leadership, constituencies and external partners
- Experience with student management systems and associated technology.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in Turkish and English.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Exceptional customer service skills with high level of motivation, initiative and goal oriented.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with an ability to succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel worldwide.
- Valid driver’s license for Northern Cyprus and Turkey and at least minimum liability insurance required by both countrıes.
- Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population. Ability to work with diverse cultural and academic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake a broad variety of activities, including but not limited to programmatic initiatives, internal and external group presentations, and the development and implementation of effective marketing strategies, to stimulate and motivate an academically competitive, talented and broadly diverse applicant pool.
- Representing the University in a professional and accurate manner on often complex topics related to student academic preparation and University admission.
- Demonstrated organizational skills in setting and managing priorities which accurately reflect relative importance of position responsibilities and that facilitate the completion of institutional and unit goals and successful programmatic outcomes.
- Skill in interpreting University admission guidelines and analysing academic and test records to determine applicant eligibility and competitiveness for admission.
- Demonstrated skill in developing, planning, implementing and evaluating targeted recruitment initiatives and related programs.
- Ability to collect and interpret data from internal and external sources, ( i.e. Yödak /Yök,) to gauge success of efforts and inform decision-making. Compiles data into reports.
- Working knowledge of the Universities of Northern Cyprus in general and other post-secondary Educational opportunities, particularly in Northern Cyprus and Turkey, including their academic programs and services available to students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to the needs of a diverse prospective student population, a commitment to quality teamwork, and initiative, independence, and motivation are required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff members, subordinates, school administrators and officials and representatives.
- Demonstrated skill in supervising Recruitment Assistants including delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance.
- Specific assignment may require knowledge of specific community groups and ability to deliver academically focused services to students and families to improve knowledge of the college preparation and admissions processes.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of international student recruitment activities to accomplish international undergraduate student enrolment goals.
- Recruits international students for undergraduate degree programs and serve as a primary international recruiter for target markets/territories. Working knowledge of MTU and its academic programs, opportunities and services for students, and University policies, procedures, deadlines and practices related to undergraduate admission at MTU.
- Evaluates foreign and other credentials of applicants seeking admission to MTU.
- Develops and sustains relationship with key constituents including MTU colleges and departments, international student recruitment agencies, institutional partners and student sponsoring agencies.
- Answers emails, telephone calls, on-line inquiries and walk-in questions concerning prospective international student inquiries, application and admission policies and procedures, as well as assist with current students as needed.
- Provides input and assists in developing/maintaining customized marketing tools for international student recruitment efforts in target countries.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate student workers assisting with international admission processes and activities.
- Ability to serve as the point of contact for student recruitment agencies and/or student sponsoring agencies.
- Ability and interest in working with a diverse population and sensitivity to the needs of all students.
- Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in accomplishing department and institutional goals.
Percentage of Time: 100%
Shift Start: 8:00 am
Shift End : 5:00 pm
Salary: commensurate with experience
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled
MTU is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.