Course Code : ABSO 409
Course Title : ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND EFFECTIVE BUSINESS PLAN WRITING
Weekly Course and application hours of the course: 3-0
Brief Course Description:
1. Opportunity recognition for a new business venture
2. Reasons for writing a business plan
3. Feasibility analysis for a new business idea
4. Industry analysis
5. Market analysis
6. Developing the right marketing mix and marketing plan
7. Management team and structure
8. Operations plan and product (service) development plan
9. Managing start-up, fixed and variable cost, pro-forma financial statements,break-even analysis,
cash flow analysis.
10. Presenting the business plan with confidence
Textbooks and supplementary books:
- Preparing effective business plans. An entrepreneurial approach, Barringer B. (2009) Pearson
- Entrepreneurship. Starting and operating a small business. 2013 Mariotti S., Glackin C. Pearson.
Participation / Attendance : 10%,
Mid-Term Exam : 30%,
Homework : 10%,
Final Exam : 50%,
Attendance is at least 95 % mandatory.