Course Code : ABSA 413
Course Title : TAXATION I
Weekly Course and application hours of the course: 3-0
Brief Course Description:
1. Interpret the results of tax computations for individuals and companies.
2. Identify the tax system in Cyprus and compare it to the UK.
3. Construct tax computations for individuals and companies.
4. Examine computational and theoretical aspects of VAT.
5. Evaluate case study scenarios on business tax and propose tax saving
6. Solve computations for capital gains tax for both individuals and companies
concerning gains/losses for the disposal of immoveable property.
7. Compare the structure of the tax system in Cyprus and compare it to the
8. Examine the procedures concerning the payment of temporary tax and
actual tax for companies and individuals.
Textbooks and supplementary books:
Cyprus Taxation: A Comprehensive Guide (Textbook), 2015 by Polina Jacovides Michael.
AIA Professional Level 2 – Paper 16: Taxation and Tax Planning, 2nd Edition, BPP Learning Materials. BPP (2008) or latest edition,
ACCA Paper F6 Taxation, Latest Edition, Kaplan Publishing.
North Cyprus Recent Tax Facts , Dervish Deniz Chartered Accountant & Deloitte N. Cyprus.
Participation / Attendance : 10%,
Mid-Term Exam : 30%,
Homework : 10%,
Final Exam : 50%,
Attendance is at least 95 % mandatory.